2.09.2016

Jirts + Skirts

Chambray Shirt // Maxi Skirt (on sale!) // Sunglasses // Purse // Shoes (similar) // Earrings // Necklace

Ah Valentine's Day. Easily the most polarizing day of the year. I really love to hate this holiday. I really do. So that's why we're going to do things differently this year because I don't believe that one day should validate an entire relationship nor do I think rules are any fun.

In fact, forget the rules. I'm not playing by them this time. And neither should you. Fashion or love. 

That's why we're calling this little ensemble my "Jirt meets Skirt" combo. I admit, it's stepping outside of the box a little.. I mean I paired a jean shirt (jirt) with a chiffon maxi skirt. It's weird, BUT I LOVE IT.

And it's totally me.

So that's what I am going to challenge you to do this Valentine's week and day is to love YOURSELF and DO YOU.

 Do things that make you feel happy and appreciate the badass human being that you are. You want to wear that Hawaiian shirt and harem pant combo? You do it. (Okay maybe scratch the Hawaiian shirt.. but you get the point.)

Step outside the lines a little and do things a little differently. Be the most authentic and best version of yourself.

Don't measure yourself by other people's demands and expectations. Measure yourself by the person you are and want to be. And that person is worth loving... 365 days a year.


*drop the mic*

0 notes:

Post a Comment